Kährs used Open Innovation to create new offerings
The wooden floor maker from the deep forests of Småland county in Sweden needed new fresh input and perspectives to better compete in a global market. Ideon Open helped the company to generate and conceptualize new products, and to establish relationships with new partners.
- Develop smart wood floors featuring a number of intelligent floor-related features
- Inspire innovation in a established company within a traditional industry
- Generate collaboration co-creation between fundamentally different firms
- “Floors of the future” collaborative workshop.
- Clear focus on aesthetics, health, suitability, comfort and sustainability.
- Two workshops one with students and another with industry actors
- A number of collabroation projects for new concepts initiated with external partners
- New learnings and network
- Drive culture change through open initiatives
- Kährs is a family owned business with more than 150 years of business
- One of the oldest manufacturers of wood floors in the world
- Presence in Europe, Asia and the Americas
The Kährs Group has approximately 1,700 employees and annual sales of more than SEK 3 billion. www.kahrsgroup.com